Name: Niko Machida
Age: 2 years old (22 dog years) Appears 20-21 in human form
Height: 62 cm dog form; 162.56 cm (5'4") human form
Breed: Belgian Malinois
Job: N/A (
Sexual orientation: asexual but a gay gay boy
Niko is pretty shy and quiet, although his behavior is often mistaken as stoic (obviously his master would know better lololol). He doesn't speak much and when he does, it's only when necessary. Because of that, he adores listening to others speak. Niko can spend hours just listening to his master. He's also a very obedient dog; he wouldn't disobey an order unless it was absolutely necessary. Trust is hard to gain; Niko doesn't trust people easily and it takes a while before he's comfortable around strangers.
Niko was living with a happy family for only a few months when both the mother and only daughter of the family had been killed in a car accident. Niko had been with them when it happened, but he was the only one to survive. The father, mad with grief, began to find fault in everything. At first he only drank away his sorrows, but slowly the man started to take his anger out on Niko. He was angry that the dog was the one to survive and not his wife and child. A few weeks after the car accident, the father began to beat Niko, blaming him for everything that had happened. Everything that Niko did wrong even if it was just an accident, resulted in a severe beating and a night in the freezer (see below). But the beatings slowly just became a source of amusement for the father, the man losing himself to alcohol and drugs. Niko lived like this for two years. One night the father threatened Niko with a knife. Niko, scared and trapped, reacted aggressively and killed the man by ripping out his throat. Niko lived with the dead body for five days before the neighbors reported the smell. After being rescued by the police, Niko was placed in the shelter, but only because he had shown little to no aggression afterwards. The shelter nurtured Niko back to health and he was placed up for adoption. A few weeks later, Roi brought him home and they have been living together happily.
Extra information: (this will be updated regularly thtbtt keep ur eyes out for dumb things)
- Niko is unable to read because of how he was raised. Roi plans to teach Niko all about reading ;u;
- Niko is insecure; he doesn't see himself as being worth anything. This is a result of his previous owner constantly telling him that he was a "worthless piece of shit"
- When Niko did something bad like (accidentally) knocking over a glass, his previous owner would drag Niko down the stairs into the basement and lock him up in an old meat freezer then chain it up, leaving him in there for hours. Because of this he's extremely claustrophobic
- Doesn't let ANYONE pick him up (other than Roi of course)
- Niko crinkles his nose when he's really happy
- Niko will literally poof into his canine form when Roi throws a ball
- Doesn't like leashes but that's okay because Niko's a good boy and follows Roi around
- Loves chewy and tuggy toys pfftftfft
- Niko likes to push his hands into his sweater sleeves because he gets cold hands easily (see drawing pfft)
- Because of his abusive past, Niko finds it very hard to trust compassionate acts because he always believes that it is a one time thing and as soon as he messes up, he's going to get beaten by his master
- When Niko does something wrong or thinks he has done something wrong, he automatically turns into his human form and starts whispering that he's "sorry" and that he "didn't mean to, master" and sometimes it gets to the point where he hyperventilates and even has a panic attack
- Extremely keen senses
- Adores sweaters
- Usually stays in dog form because he feels insecure in his human form. This is because his scars are more visible in his human form ;w;
- Gets really excited when it's meal times like REALLY excited like paws scrabbling across the wood floors excited
- Always feels like he's not going to have enough food so he always wolfs everything down when he's fed. Even to the point of being sick
- Is afraid and distrusting of strangers, won't trust people easily enough for pettings
- Loves to curl up by the door, listening for intruders. (Super protective of Roi)
- Dislikes collars, prefers harnesses
- Loves getting treats and being told he's a good boy because it reassures him that he hasn't done anything wrong and therefore he won't be abused
does anyone want to RP?? aaa?? just let me know babies ;w;
EDIT: i only ever paragraph style ;w;
Would you like to rp sometime?
Cherry: *is tearing at his history and cries in a corner*